Wednesday, August 10, 2011

maxi skirt mafia

Hello!

Seeing as to how this is my first post I thought that I would explain myself a bit. 

I live in the wonderful city of Portland, Oregon, and work for a vintage clothing store there as well.

Since starting work there vintage clothing has quickly become one of my major passions!

I want to use this blog as a way to show how to style vintage pieces with more modern pieces for an everyday look.  As much as I love vintage clothing, I always hated being "that girl" who was OBIVOUSLY wearing vintage, and it not looking very natural.

I've tried to incorporate this concept into my daily routine, trying to mix something vintage in everyday, even if its just something as simple as jewelry, so these are outfits that I really do wear, not things I put together to try and impress the blog world!

To start off I thought I would show you one of my absolute favorite outfits to wear during the summer...

I love this outfit, mainly because it is so easy to transition it from day to night.  I love the breezyness of the skirt, making it perfect for a hot summer day, while also being dramatic enough to wear for a night out.




Vest: Thrifted, Rosary (Bracelet): Thrfited, Necklace: Falling Whistles Tank Top: Target, 70's Maxi Skirt: Dressing Vintage





 



Shoes: Dressing Vintage



(Forgive the poor quality of the photos, I'm getting a new camera very soon!)

Hope this inspires you!
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment